Telehealth Couple Counseling
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth allows us to connect anywhere with secure and convenient appointments that save you time and hassle. There’s no need to deal with traffic when you can schedule and attend your appointments directly from a laptop or mobile device.
What equipment do I need?
To participate in Telehealth appointments from your home, you will need one of the following devices:
- Desktop computer with a webcam, speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and 4 GB of RAM OR.
- Laptop computer with built-in webcam and speakers, a 2.5 GHz processor, and 4 GB of RAM OR
- Tablet device with built-in webcam and speakers, OR
- Smartphone with at least iOS 10 or Android 7.0
- You will also need an internet connection that is at least 10mbps. For optimal results, a reliable, high-speed internet connection with a bandwidth of at least 10 mbps will minimize connection issues and provide the best quality.
Note: We recommend using the Pre-call Tool to check your internet connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact me if you did not get the link so I can send it to you via email or secure messaging.
If you live in an area with slow internet, this can really affect the speed of your connection. Here are some basic steps that can improve the overall quality:
- Use wired Ethernet instead of wifi whenever possible. Wifi will work, but you may experience a lag and interference, which can make your video and audio choppy. If you experience a lag or interference while using Wifi, we recommend moving closer to your router. However, wired internet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
- Test your internet connection speed. Google provides an easy way to test your internet connection directly from the google homepage. Simply search: internet speed test. Click the blue button that says Run Speed Test. If it is under 10mbps and you’re using wifi, try using a wired internet connection or restarting your router.
- Close other programs. If you have several programs running in the background, closing them will almost certainly improve the quality. Also, make sure you’re not downloading any large files.
If you are unable to connect, please contact me as soon as possible to see if I can help you troubleshoot.
- Identify a suitable room that is quiet, private, and free of distractions.
- To keep background noise to a minimum, make sure to close any doors, shut windows, turn off the television, and keep loud pets in another room if possible. Consider hanging a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door to avoid interruptions.
Just like a face-to-face appointment, your Telehealth visit will be private and confidential.
None of our appointments will ever be recorded or stored.
- Secure Video is the video platform where we will have the sessions.
- Secure Video is HIPAA compliant.
- You will receive invitations and appointment reminders from Secure Video.